Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Third Trimester

Has another week really passed? It seems so, and I'm finding it crazy how quickly time is going by. The weekends are a total blur, but even the weekdays are soaring by...I'm 27 weeks now. Today is the last day of my second trimester.

I'm not ready to be in the third trimester, though I will admit I definitely feel like I'm there. I have constant heartburn now, and my papaya tablets are no longer working. I have a bladder and stomach the size of a thimble, which means the bathroom is my first stop anywhere I go, and food buffets are no longer worth $6. And bending over - yeah right. I get so out of breath just trying to bend over a few times in a row to take pictures for my eBay store! They say to bend from your knees, but I'm finding once I get down, I can no longer get up. I need to start going back outside for walks, but the ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes are in full force from the cooler weather we've been fortunate enough to get. We get eaten alive every time we step out the door.  Other than that, I'm exhausted. Besides just being tired because I'm 7 months pregnant, I'm also getting too little sleep each night because I'm working on eBay stuff half the night, and then Brooklyn wakes me up at 6am ready for her day. I can't get her down for more than one nap a day, and I always feel like I should be cleaning or getting stuff done when she's asleep, rather than napping myself.

I had a doctor's appointment Friday. It was pretty routine. My fundal height was measuring at 27 weeks, which is normal, so I don't have to worry about excessive fluids yet. I declined the gestational diabetes test, for a couple of different reasons. James and I felt it was unnecessary, and my doctor was fine with it. We also had an ultrasound to take a peak at Eden. She showed us her bottom but didn't want to show her face for a good picture. Maybe she's just waiting for our 3D ultrasound coming up in 3 weeks! We got a couple of regular ultrasound pictures that I'll scan and upload soon though. I also gave my doctor the link to our blog, so I hope he's had a chance to read it. My next OB appointment is in another month.

Sunday at walmart, the cashier asked me when I was due. She's the first stranger to have asked me randomly in public. I thought it would be hard, but it wasn't. She said something about a Thanksgiving baby, and so I explained that we'd probably have Eden towards the beginning of the month and why. She didn't really know how to respond, but surprisingly it wasn't hard to tell her about it...I guess maybe because I was just telling her the facts, and I was in a public setting, but I didn't feel the urge to cry. I just wanted her to know about Eden and that we love her and how awesome God is to carry us through this. I wanted to give her the blog address, but there were people behind me so I didn't want to hold up the line. I think I will print out some cards with the address on it so I can hand them to people if I feel I need to though.

I'm still taking my vitamins each day, and I've noticed that I no longer get handfuls of hair in the shower while washing my hair anymore. I used to think that it was just a pregnancy thing, because I'd seem to lose hair like crazy while pregnant, but now I'm thinking it was a vitamin B deficiency instead and pregnancy just made the deficiency worse. I've also noticed my mood is more stable now. I'm still overly emotional at times (you know, crying at random TV commercials and all that) because of the pregnancy hormones, but my mood swings have almost totally disappeared, and I think that's largely due to sufficient vitamin B12 levels.

Other than that, not much is going on. Next Sunday is James's birthday, and since he has a job that actually acknowledges holidays, he has a three day weekend. This is his first Labor Day off in years, and I'm looking forward to it. We don't have plans, but it'll be nice to have a day to just relax and spend time together without having to be somewhere or do something.

I know this blog has been pretty uneventful lately, but the pregnancy itself is pretty uneventful right now. Eden is kicking a lot, and I love it. When she kicks, my whole stomach moves. She likes to kick my lower stomach, and it feels really weird, but I enjoy it. She's a really active little girl, and kicks just as much as Brooklyn did. She also seems to move in reaction to loud noises, which gives me hope that she'll be able to hear outside the womb to some extent. We are continuing to pray for time with Eden once she's born, and hope others are as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment