Monday, August 20, 2012

We have a domain!

In case you haven't noticed, you can now find us at www.thelifeofedenmarie.com instead of the .blogspot address, though that one will still redirect you here if you so wish to use it. My mom purchased the domain so it would be easier for her and everyone else to remember it. Thanks, Mom!

I can't believe how much time has went by since my last post. An entire 11 days has passed. It's scary how quickly time is going by. My little pregnancy ticker says I have 99 days left...and that's if I make it to 40 weeks, which didn't even happen with my first daughter. My second trimester is coming quickly to a close, and in just 9 short days, I'll officially be in the third trimester. When I was pregnant with Brooklyn, these were all milestones I completely was ecstatic to hit, because it meant I was that much closer to getting to hold my sweet baby, and while I'm still excited to get to hold and meet Eden, I'm also wishing time would go a little slower, because I know hello is also going to be goodbye, and I just am not ready to say goodbye yet.

In the first few days after finding out about Eden's anencephaly, the remainder of my pregnancy seemed like such a long time. But already almost 7 weeks has passed since we found out, and I'm realizing that time is moving way too quickly. It really hit me when I realized the stores were already putting Halloween candy out on the shelves, and apparently have been for a couple weeks now. The end of October is only weeks before we'll end up delivering Eden. I feel like the time we have left with her is being rushed by so fast. I want to slow down Earth's rotation - make all those moments of joy with Eden last longer. I want the times I'm laying in bed feeling her kick to never end, even though they are really starting to hurt (and make me very nauseous).
This past week I've been really busy with school and opening an Ebay store to try to make a little extra money, and it's just making time go by even faster, even though those aren't my intentions. I somehow managed to complete all the assignments in a class that is supposed to take "Up to 11 weeks" to finish, and I'm only waiting on one more to be graded before I can move on to the next, and final class I need to complete before Eden is born. I have to complete at least 3 classes each term (which is 6 months), and my term started on July 1st. I finished my first class in about a month, the second one I just finished up took me one week, and I am going to try to get my last one finished as soon as I can, so I won't have to worry about doing school after Eden is born until January when I start my new term (unless I feel up to it and want to get ahead).

I am starting to feel the time crunch of everything, and know I need to start getting things done...I'm starting to feel a sense of urgency again, and I'm not sure why. I feel like I need to get my hospital bag started with all Eden's stuff in it, I need to still buy things to do hand molds, and foot prints, etc. as soon as we have the money, and I need to still find a photographer from NILMDTS (apparently there aren't any photographers within 75 miles of where I'm delivering, so I guess they are having a hard time finding one for me...). I know there's more I need to do, but I just can't remember everything right now. I'll write more when I'm not so tired. Tomorrow I plan on relaxing...that will be nice (lol...me relax? As in do nothing? Yeah...right.)

1 comment:

  1. Virginia,

    I found your story through Wish Upon a Hero, so you don't know me. I am truly touched by all I have read here on this website. You are doing the right thing by treasuring each day you have with Eden before her birth and you are right to want it to slow down just a bit! Please know that I am thinking of you and your family and will continue to follow your new website as the days and weeks pass.

    ReplyDelete