Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Tiny Rosebud

I have lots to share from today, but I'm completely exhausted and headed to bed, but promise to update soon. For now, I'll leave you with a beautiful poem that my friend, Sherry, modified for little Eden (original poem written by Helen Steiner Rice).


The Tiny Rosebud

The Master Gardener from Heaven above,
Planted a seed in the garden of love,

And from it grew little Eden Marie,
whose long life on Earth isn't to be.

For God in His perfect and all wise way,
Chose this rose for His heavenly bouquet.

So think of Eden Marie with the angels above,
Secure and contented and surrounded by love.

And remember that God blessed and enriched yours lives too,
For in her short life, Eden has brought Heaven closer to you.

3 comments:

  1. It is true, Eden has brought Heaven closer to you and me too, through her story. She is a gift and by you telling her story, she has become a gift to all of us who read this blog. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem, Gin, just so you know, Helen Steiner Rice was your Great Grammie Stott's favorite poet..

    Love and hugs,

    Aunt Nese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia,
    My Name is Amy Quinn. I am a Doula and mother of 6 in Marshfield , Mo. Another Doula,Pam Brott, in Hartville shared your story with me and touched my heart and meemories as well. A very close friend of mine had a baby with anencephaly and I was with her for their time together. It is beautiful to see you sharing, blogging, giving and receiving support.Your sharing is helping not only yourself through this but you are helping those around you be able to better embrace you both with understanding as well as love. I have asked Pam to forward my information and am offering you both birth and postpartum Doula Services at no cost. It would be a joy and honor to serve if you or your family need me at anytime. Our family has been involved in some mission work in Mountain Grove and will be sharing some bible study classes in the Spring as well. I travel through Hartville often. I would be happy to meet with you.
    I want to thank you for the inspiration of your choice to share, many women can't or don't chose to. This is a beautiful celebration of life. I am placing you and your family in my prayers. May God's sweet love surround you and hug you through each of these beautiful days.,
    Amy C. Quinn
    Birth and Postpartum Doula
    417-300-5280
    Professionally trained by DONA

    ReplyDelete