Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day and October Update

Today is October 15th, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Eden's been on my mind a lot lately anyway, because of my current pregnancy, but we are getting closer to her first birthday, and so I've been thinking about her more and more. I've also been thinking about my Mema a lot lately. We are only a few days away from her being gone an entire year...it doesn't seem possible. I miss them both so much, and I can only take comfort in the fact that Mema is up in Heaven holding my baby girl for me.

I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and even though I've had a bit of bleeding this pregnancy, the baby had a strong heartbeat (heart rate was 143) at my last doctor's appointment, and is growing as expected. Being pregnant again is bringing up all kinds of emotions in me. The bleeding had me afraid of miscarrying this baby, but obviously I'm more worried about another baby with a neural tube defect. When my OB checked my folate and B12 levels at my first prenatal appointment, they were both very good. It's reassuring that my body is absorbing the vitamins I'm taking. I do feel more at peace with this pregnancy however, whereas I always had a feeling something was wrong from the beginning of Eden's pregnancy. We have an ultrasound to check for NTD's on November 12th. I will be 13 weeks along by that point.

Take this day to reach out to someone you know who has lost a child and just let them know you are thinking about them. If you know someone who's lost a child recently, there many things you can do to help them. This is a good resource if you need ideas of how to reach out.

Here are an ultrasound picture of May 2014 Baby, though baby isn't much bigger than a little blueberry yet. <3


Baby is the bigger bean in my uterus - the other dot is the yolk sack.

1 comment: