Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Eden is a Big Sister!

I should have posted an update about Rosalie sooner, I know this, and I apologize to those who've been wondering about us. Thank you to the people who have reached out asking for an update! The reason for the delay is I've been struggling with how exactly to announce Rosalie's birth on this blog, because I know that many of my readers (especially new readers who come across our blog) are moms or dads who've recently been given a diagnosis of anencephaly or other fatal birth defect in their precious child. I want to be sensitive to that, and not have the first post they see on my blog to be this huge birth announcement announcing a healthy baby when they are expecting to find a story similar to their own. At the same time though, I want to give hope to those parents. Because there is hope - I was so afraid of never having another healthy baby after we lost Eden, but our precious rainbow baby was born absolutely perfect and is completely healthy. She is truly a blessing.

Brooklyn and Rosalie
Rosalie Ann was born at home with our midwife and doula on May 28, 2014 at 41 weeks. Much to everyone's surprise, our little girl was only 8 pounds (both Brooklyn and Eden were very large at birth and born before 40 weeks)! Rosalie is thriving and has gained over 3 pounds already (at 5 weeks old). Brooklyn is very excited to have another little sister, though I think at first she was a little concerned that Rosalie wasn't going to stay. She has asked many times if we could keep Rosalie, and I think she finally believes when I say that she's here to stay with our family this time. Brooklyn can't wait until she's old enough to play with her. We are all still adjusting to our new normal, and it's wonderful. I am absolutely, truly blessed.

Rosalie, 2 weeks old.















*Photography by Amy Wade Photography of Branson, Missouri

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to the whole family on the birth of baby Rosalie! The sensitive way that you announced her arrival does give hope to families who are, or who have experienced anencephaly. Best wishes to all of you!

    ReplyDelete